|2013 Family Quilt Recipe (Apple Fritters)|
|By Sherlene HowMayIHelpYou|
Pineapple Fritters: 12 slices drained pineapple
Peach Fritters: 5 c. diced peaches
Omit 1/2 c. flour used for rolling fruit.
Stir peaches into batter. Drop by teaspoonfuls into hot fat.
Banana Fritters: 6 large peeled bananas
|2 1/2 c. sifted flour
1 t. salt
4 t. baking powder
4 T. sugar
1 c. milk
4 t. melted butter
Shortening for deep-fat frying
8 medium tart apples
6 T. sifted confectioners' sugar
|1. Sift 2 cup flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar together.
2. Beat eggs until thick; add milk and fat, stirring.
3. Add egg mixture gradually to flour mixture, stirring; beat batter.
4. Use enough shortening to fill a deep heavy pan 1/2 to 2/3 full when melted; heat to 370 degrees F.
5. Slice pared, cored apples into 1/4-inch rings. Roll pieces in remaining flour; dip into the batter.
6. Cook a few pieces of apple at a time for three to four minutes, turning once. Drain on absorbent paper or a brown paper bag.
7. Roll each fritter in confectioners' sugar.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes
||Cook Time: 30 minutes|