|By University of the District of Columbia, Center for Nutrition, Diet and Health|
|2 T margarine
1 1/2 lb carrots
1 c water
1/4 t pepper (or to taste)
2 t sugar (or to taste)
|1. Peel the carrots. Cut in half lengthwise. Then cut into 1" pieces.
2. Melt the margarine in a medium heavy saucepan on low heat.
3. Add the carrots. Stir to coat them with the margarine.
4. Add the water, salt and pepper.
5. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until tender.
6. Drain the water.
7. Add the sugar. Cover the pan.
8. Shake the pan back and forth on the burner for about 1 minute.
9. Cook for 1 more minute, until the carrots are glazed but not brown.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes
||Cook Time: 20 minutes|