|2013 Family Quilt Recipe (Macaroni and Cheese)|
|By Sherlene HowMayIHelpYou|
Tomato Macaroni: 3 c. cooked tomatoes substituted for white sauce. Omit the cheese from the recipe.
White Sauce that you will need to use in recipe.
4-6 T Butter
6 T Flour
1/2 t. salt
2 c. Milk
1. Heat butter in shallow saucepan on low heat.
2. Add flour and salt to butter and stir until well blended.
3. Remove mixture from heat; add 2/3 of heated milk, blending well.
4. Return milk mixture to heat. As thickening begins, add another 2/3 of liquid, blending well; add remaining liquid, stirring.
5. Heat milk mixture to boiling, stirring, and cook for two minutes.
|32 oz. of macaroni
6 T. butter
6 T. flour
4 c. milk
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
4 c. grated cheese
1 c. dry bread crumbs (optional)
2 T butter
|1. Cook macaroni until tender, drain.
2. Prepare medium white sauce. Add 2/3 c. cheese (or more); stir until melted.
3. Put macaroni in a 4-quart baking dish and add cheese sauce (cheese and white sauce).
4. Sprinkle remaining 2 2/3 c. cheese over macaroni, and add crumbs. Place remaining melted butter over top.
5. Set dish in pan containing hot water to cover 1 1/3 of dish.
6. Bake at 350 degree F for 30 to 40 minutes.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes
||Cook Time: 40 minutes|