|Southern-Style Pork Ribs|
|By Kingsford (printed by Ebony)|
|2 slabs baby back ribs. When cooking ribs, the safety temperature for pork is 145F.
1 c KC Masterpiece Apple Cider Vinegar Barbecue Sauce
2 slabs baby back ribs
1 T dry rub mix
1/4 c apple jelly
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c honey
1/2 c apple cider
1 t black pepper
2 t salt
4 t chili powder
4 t garlic salt
1/4 c dark brown sugar
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t red pepper
1/4 t white pepper
1/2 t celery salt
|1. Remove the membrane from the back of the rib slabs. In a a small bowl, combine the dry rub ingredients and mix well.
2. Reserve one tablesppon of the rub for the liquid seasoning mixture. Generously apply the dry rub onto the front and back sides of the ribs.
3. Build a charcoal fire for indirect cooking with Kingsford charcoal. Add a small aluminum pan to the void side of the grill and fill halfway with water. When the charcoal grill reaches 250F, place ribs the meat-side up on the grill grate and cook over indirect heat for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Remove the ribs from the grill. Place each slab meat-side down on its own doubled aluminum foil square.
4. Mix the liquid seasoning in a small bowl. Pour 1/2 cup of the liquid over each slab. Then, tightly wrap and seal each slab with aluminum foil. Place the wrapped ribs back in cooker for 1 hour at 250F.
5. Remove the ribs from the charcoal grill and discard foil. Brush KC Masterperiece Apple Cider Vinegar Barbecue Sauce on both sides of the ribs.
6. Place the ribs back on the grill for 15 minutes, or until sauce caramelizes.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes
||Cook Time: 185 minutes|