|Southern Farm Fresh Eggs w. Bacon, Collard Greens and Sweet Potato|
|1 T unsalted butter
12 thick-cut slices applewood bacon strips or turkey bacon, diced
4 c sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-in cubes
2 bunch collard greens or kale, stems removed and cut into narrow strips
2 T fresh garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
6 large farm-fresh brown eggs
2 pinch chili flakes
6 dashes Crystal hot sauce
|1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat on stovetop.
2. Add bacon and sweet potatoes, cook until desired doneness or until fork tender, about 10-15 min.
3. Add greens and garlic; saute for another 8-12 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. With wooden spoon, spread hash evenly around skillet.
5. Make three small openings within the hash to crack an egg in each opening (do not stir).
6. Continue cooking eggs and hash for 1 min, then resume cooking in oven for additonal three minutes.
7. Remove from oven and sprinkle red chili flakes on egg yolks. Drizzle dish with Crystal hot sauce. Serve family style with hot biscuits or toast.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes
||Cook Time: 15 minutes|